COVID 19 POLICY
BUTTERFLY & OTHER INVERTEBRATES CLUB Inc.
COVID 19 POLICY
The Management Committee is monitoring official advice on Corona virus from the public health government sources. We have a Duty of Care to all members when attending our meetings and also when involved in other BOIC activities. These are outlined below:
- Wash hands regularly with appropriate sanitiser or soap and water. Carry a personal sanitiser pack and avoid touching your face or shaking hands. Maintain appropriate distance when at meetings or gatherings.
- Meetings may be held with the number of persons allowed by the facility/venue in the room. However, social distancing is still required in these instances.
- People have to be separated by a distance of 1.5 metres. People aged 70 or over and people over 65 who may suffer a chronic illness should seriously consider their attendances at meetings.
- Members who have travelled recently from any overseas location should consider self-isolation at home for two weeks afterwards and should not attend BOIC activities.
- People with respiratory symptoms – fever, cough, sneezing, sore throat or any difficulty breathing – should avoid BOIC activities until the nature of their illness is clear and they no longer have such symptoms.
- Hand sanitiser will be located at all entrances for ALL members to use before entering the meeting. Names will be recorded before entering a meeting room.
ATTENDANCE AT MEETINGS – COVID VACCINATION STATUS
- Members who have not been fully vaccinated will not be allowed access into meetings or participate in outside events until further notice.
- Before entering you must scan the QR code (if available), sign in on the BOIC register, use hand sanitiser, social distancing in regard to seating and the wearing of face masks if and when required
- Members attending meetings being held in a meeting room will have to show the Queensland Government App, which indicates that they have been fully vaccinated.
- Members who cannot download the Qld. Govt App on their digital devices may also provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination status by showing a printed copy of one of the following: immunisation history statement, COVID 19 digital certificate, online Medicare account on MyGov, Express Plus Medicare mobile App, individual healthcare identifiers service through MyGov,
- A copy of your immunisation statement from your doctor or by calling the Australian immunisation Register on 1800 653 809.
- For outside public events, proof of vaccination will be needed and we will be enforcing the same rules that we have carried out since the beginning of the pandemic. Currently, we will be restricting the numbers of persons inside a marque display at any one time.vThis will be reviewed when the COVID situation becomes more manageable.
Members under the age of sixteen (16) are not required to provide evidence.
For information, we provide the following links to some advisory documents about the Coronavirus:
Updated 27 January 2022